If you’re in business, then you know just as well as anyone that presenting a clean, fresh, and safe environment for your staff and clients play’s a crucial role in the overall impression of your business, as well as increasing employee productivity. After all, customers form impressions based on presentation and if your staff feel good in their working environment, chances are they’ll take pride in their place of work.
Which is why it pays to find a professional commercial cleaning company to help you take care of the cleanliness and presentation, leaving you to take care of the things that matter most to your business.
Many of the new clients that come to us for their commercial cleaning needs, their biggest pain point is finding a cleaning company that is reliable and delivers a quality service. There’s nothing worse than coming into the office wondering ‘if the cleaner been in!’
If you’re on the hunt for a new commercial cleaner for your office, here’s a rundown on how to choose the right company for your needs.
Know what types of services commercial cleaning companies offer
When you assess a commercial cleaning company’s profile, you should get a clear understanding of their specialisations when you look at their portfolio of clients and services. Hospital cleaning specialisations vary widely compared to standard office cleaning jobs. For example, medical industry clients require services tailored to sterilisation, hazardous material disposal and clinical cleaning that require stringent hygienic standards. So, if you require specific commercial cleaning services or qualifications for your business, this is an important one to understand before you hire.
In many cases, you can get a high-level understanding of the commercial cleaning specialisations they offer via their website or online profiles. As part of their quoting process, they should also be able to easily provide you with a portfolio for reference.
Don’t just let anyone into your office
Not only is it important that the company you hire has a trusted reputation, you’re also letting an external person into your office who will have access to sensitive and expensive business assets. Trust also plays a big role in the cleaner or cleaning team entrusted with your office which of course can be difficult to assess without meeting the cleaners first.
To help you measure the trustworthiness of both the cleaning company and its staff, here are some tips to help you in the process:
- Assess the company reviews and look for – the number of existing customers and the number of loyal and happy customers. A reputable company that delivers value to their clients will be demonstrated by the testimonials people have willingly opted to provide.
- Look at the types of customers that have put their trust in their services – a cleaning company that has gained a reliable reputation with a range of business and industries is highly likely to be a trustworthy partner for your business as well.
- Ask your prospective commercial cleaning company how they screen and train their employees. A trusted cleaning company will go the extra mile to carry out background checks on their employees and provide excellent training to ensure safety, consistency and, professionalism on the job.
- Consistency – it’s ideal that you have the same cleaner or cleaning team on the job every time to create familiarity and trust. Always check to ensure that this is a standard service provided by your prospective commercial cleaning company.
When you look at a commercial cleaning company’s profile, you should clearly understand how they quality control their services, people and standards. There are a few ways you can assess this during your researching, but ultimately if they aren’t ticking these boxes as a minimum, then chances are their services won’t be in high demand:
- Ensure that they have a training program in place designed around training staff in standards and cleaning techniques. This should be an integral part of their induction processes as well as ongoing training.
- Do they have a quality control system in place to ensure their standards are adhered to? This would typically include;
- A managing supervisor on site carrying out inspections and overseeing the quality of work being carried out.
- Monitoring client satisfaction through feedback surveys, demonstrating a commitment to client satisfaction and continually improving standards.
- Ask if your candidate cleaning company provides a checklist for their staff to ensure your requirements are met and done at a certain schedule.
Practice green commercial cleaning
Most professional cleaning companies that offer commercial cleaning services will practice green cleaning. Green cleaning generally involves, but not limited to, using eco-friendly cleaning products, safe waste disposal, high-grade energy efficient equipment, and the use of microfiber wipes.
If green cleaning is important to your business, you can request to have your candidate cleaning company provide you with an overview of their green cleaning practices.
During your selection process, it’s important that you read through their Maintenance Agreement and ensure there is room to negotiate terms that will not work for your business. This may include flexibility in the cleaning schedule in case of emergencies, premises relocation or closure during holiday periods.
You may also want to look for commercial cleaning companies that are willing to offer trial periods or non-fixed contracts. If you opt for a cleaning company that locks you in for a period of time, always be sure to check that you are protected in the instance that you are not satisfied with their services.
Lastly, before you hire a professional commercial cleaning company, make sure they’ve taken the time to understand your needs – this goes a long way in demonstrating a great partnership and customer service. If you’re in the process of finding a new commercial cleaner for your business, be sure to use this guide to steer you in the right direction. Of course, our team of commercial cleaning experts are on hand to answer any questions that we haven’t answered in our guide. If you’d like to chat to us today, just go here and let us know how we can help.